As such an imposing sight, your garage door can take up a lot of space in front of your house. Because of this, a little bit of styling will go a long way. By adding a few potted plants, and a wreath or two, you can transform the front of your garage into something special.
Sprucing up your garage door can be effortless with just a few simple touches! Less is more when it comes to garage door styling.
- Make sure that your American garage door is in good condition.
- It may need a fresh coat of paint or just a good cleaning! Either way, make sure that the door is looking fresh and clean- it will make the front of your house look so much more put together!
- Add windows to the top panel.
- This is definitely a more extreme and expensive option, but adding windows to your door really opens up the façade by adding a fresh element. Windows are a gorgeous addition to many doors.
- Check-in with the sales staff at Hung Right Doors to request a quote to add a panel of windows to your garage door.
- Add Some planters or ornamental trees to the sides.
- A little bit of green goes a long way when It comes to helping your door being as aesthetically pleasing as it can be. I recommend something hardy and evergreen either way. Small decorative fir trees or planters of seasonal annuals or hardy rosemary can really open up the door.
- Of course, wreaths are one of my absolute favorite ways to style a door. I like using seasonal elements if I make my own, source your wreath supplies from nature, or raid your local craft store for flowers. Or, a store like Homegoods or Amazon has beautiful options. Just make sure to get something on the larger side so that the door balances it. You can always add multiple wreaths to the display. I’m a fan or three or four above a double-sized garage door.
- Change the sidelights
- Adding scone style lighting to the sides of your door adds instant elevated curb appeal. Choosing something that differs slightly from the norm is a great way to draw attention to the front of your home.